Life Science Accelerator Boot Camp
The Columbia Lab-to-Market: Life Science Accelerator Program comprised of the Translational Therapeutics Accelerator (TRx), Accelerating Cancer Therapeutics (ACT), and the Biomedical Technology Accelerator (BiomedX).
About the Course: This course is a series of evening sessions designed to provide specialized frameworks and essential tools to investigator teams (clinicians, engineers, scientists) and affiliated students (PhD, MS, MD, DDS, MBA, etc.) for translation of their innovations from the lab to the clinic. The course supports teams in understanding potential hurdles and opportunities that may arise as they progress through the development pathway.
- “Market and Stakeholders” presented by Rana Gupta, Director, Faculty Entrepreneurship at Boston University
- “Target Product Profile” presented by Randall Kaye, CMO, Click Therapeutics
- “Intellectual Property and Licensing” presented by Jeff Sears, Chief Patent Council, Office of General Council, and Joan Martinez, Technology Licensing Officer, Columbia Technology Ventures
- “Regulatory and Reimbursement” presented by Helen Kim, Executive Director, Columbia Clinical Trials Office and Jane Cho, Associate Director, Regulatory Science CUIMC
- “IND/IDE Enabling Studies” presented by Andrew Verderame, Partner, PharmaLex US
- “Value Proposition/ Killer Experiment” presented by Stephen Snowdy, CEO, Visioneering Technologies
- Provide specialized frameworks and essential tools to investigator teams (clinicians, engineers, scientists) and affiliated students (PhD, MS, MD, DDS, MBA, etc.) for translation of their innovations from the lab to the clinic
- Provide an overview of the technology development process with a special focus on resources available
- Progression through the iteration and refinements necessary to create a plan for technology development and market readiness