Mentor Training Program (MTP)
The CTSI MTP has created an integrated environment for senior mentors and mentors-in-training, encouraging creative and innovative networking, discussing a range of mentoring challenges and a myriad of solutions, developing a toolbox of strategies, and using discussions and collective experiences to build a community of mentoring excellence.
Seminar topics include:
- Mentorship from the Beginning
- Mentoring Models and Mentor Selection
- Aligning Goals and Expectations
- Communicating Effectively with Mentees
- Dealing with Mentoring Challenges
- Mentoring Across Differences
6 online modules and 4 in-person sessions at the University of California San Francisco
The six core modules through web-based and face-to-face meetings provide an overview of the core competencies needed by mentors using learning objectives, readings (required and suggested), short lectures, videos of mentors and mentees, and exercises.