Essentials of Clinical Research 2021
This 10-session course introduces the basics of clinical research design, including biostatistics, design of diagnostic and predictive test studies, and required/desired elements of clinical trial protocols. Participants will also gain an understanding of the regulatory aspects of clinical research conduct and oversight, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and ethical dimensions of clinical research.
Open to faculty and staff. Classes held on Thursdays from 4:00 – 6:00 pm PT beginning January 14 through March 18, 2021.
This course provides a step-by-step model for how to design and conduct clinical research. Session topics include the following:
· Getting Started: The Research Landscape
· Designing and Conducting RCTs
· Designing and Conducting Observational Studies
· Design and Analysis Tools for Diagnosis & Prediction
· Qualitative Research and Questionnaire Design
· Research Reproducibility, Data Management, and Collection
· Ethics and Clinical Research
· Developing a Clinical Protocol
· Implementing a Clinical Protocol
· What's Next
Sessions taught by Stanford faculty and staff who are experts in the field of clinical research. Learn more
Questions? Contact Course Coordinator, Jessica Meyer MBA, at firstname.lastname@example.org