Registration - Please consider attending and possibly presenting your work.
The early bird registration is until June 21st.
Students $300, Faculty/Professional $575
After June 21: Students $350, Faculty/Professional $690
Click here to register
Click here for information about lodging
Themes for ICBO 2019
- Ontological Realism & Alternative Approaches in the context of biological and biomedical data
- Genetics, Phenotypes, Disease, and Ontology across biology and medicine
- Ontology in Service of Healthcare Data Infrastructure and Analysis
- Use of ontologies for data infrastructure needs, including reporting services, cohort discovery, and data warehousing
- Using OBO ontologies in coordination with non-OBO ontologies (e.g., SNOMED)
- Lessons from ontological analysis of large EHR systems, VA data, etc.
- Integration of medical and non-medical data (e.g., integrating disease diagnosis with geographic information)
- Methods to improve data translation/annotation processes, including NLP and machine learning
Workshops and Tutorials will be scheduled on July 30 and July 31, 2019