Un-Meeting Event - The Critical Need for Professional Workforce Development at Academic Medical Centers: Collaborative Conversations [UPDATED- 04/20/20]
COVID-19 Update (03/11/19):
As you know the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a rapidly evolving situation which makes it difficult to predict future impact. Given our collective roles in the area of health research we have a responsibility to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus in the context of this public health crisis.
With this we have decided to replace our event with a short series of accessible virtual meeting modalities like ZOOM as an alternative to in-person activities. This will allow our now-more-than-ever important conversations to ensue while entailing creative modification of the agenda and format. Specific details will follow on these logistics.
In addition, many of our stakeholders planned on attending the conference ACRP scheduled concurrently. ACRP announced today that their 2020 annual conference will not be held as planned in Seattle, May 1-4. Contingency planning is underway. If you have any questions, please contact them directly at email@example.com.
As many people were unable to participate prior to our format change this will allow more to participate in these important conversations. If you know someone in a relevant position who might now like to participate, they can still register for the CTSA un-meeting by visiting : https://www.avectraacrp.com/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Reg_evt_key=b23d5a55-3210-441e-9c99-c2bab6d8ffe3&WebCode=EvtRedirectorTL (Note: they will need to create a log in account with ACRP to complete the registration)
Who should attend:
- Clinical research professionals with a keen interest in workforce development
- Anyone involved in hiring, managing, training and supporting the competency and career development of clinical research professionals
- Due to space limitations and to ensure a diversity of representatives across CTSAs and AMCs, we encourage only 1-2 representatives per CTSA.
When: First session - September, 16th @ 1:00 - 2:30 PM EST
Where: Zoom (Register Here)
- The purpose of this meeting is to use an “un-meeting” format to enhance focused discussions on topics related to workforce development for clinical research professionals (CRPs) working in academic medical centers (AMCs), especially those that are working on federally funded clinical research.
- The goal is to share perspectives on the challenges and successes in conducting research for NIH, with a focus on developing actionable ways to drive improvement in the clinical research workforce
Key Note Speaker: Mike Kurilla, MD, Director of Clinical Innovation, National Center for Advancing Translational Science (NCATS), NIH.
Key Topics for brainstorming and idea generation:
- Competency-based, standardized job titles
- Issues in Onboarding and Continuing Education of CRPs
- Issues in Attrition, Retention, Progression
- Improving the pipeline of CRPs
Fees: No cost for registration
This event is organized and co-sponsored by: