Un-Meeting Event - The Critical Need for Professional Workforce Development at Academic Medical Centers: Collaborative Conversations
Who should attend:
- Clinical research professionals with a keen interest in workforce development
- Anyone involved in hiring, managing, training and supporting the competency and career development of clinical research professionals
- Due to space limitations and to ensure a diversity of representatives across CTSAs and AMCs, we encourage only 1-2 representatives per CTSA.
When: 30-April, 2020 (day before ACRP 2020 conference), 12:30 – 6:30 PM + Reception
Where: The University of Washington – Seattle; 1310 NE 40th St, Seattle, WA 98105
- The purpose of this meeting is to use an “un-meeting” format to enhance focused discussions on topics related to workforce development for clinical research professionals (CRPs) working in academic medical centers (AMCs), especially those that are working on federally funded clinical research.
- The goal is to share perspectives on the challenges and successes in conducting research for NIH, with a focus on developing actionable ways to drive improvement in the clinical research workforce
Key Note Speaker: Mike Kurilla, MD, Director of Clinical Innovation, National Center for Advancing Translational Science (NCATS), NIH.
Key Topics for brainstorming and idea generation:
- Competency-based, standardized job titles
- Issues in Onboarding and Continuing Education of CRPs
- Issues in Attrition, Retention, Progression
- Improving the pipeline of CRPs
Fees: No cost for registration
This event is organized and co-sponsored by: