Un-Meeting: Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence Applications in Translational Science
Location: University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester NY
The Un-Meeting focused on the development, enhancement, standardization and regulation of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning approaches at all stages of the translational science spectrum. Through the unique, attendee-driven Un-Meeting format, the event fostered new collaborations and ideas, advanced research, and explored innovative approaches for technology in translational science. Our premise is that AI and machine learning approaches have a host of applications throughout all stages of the translational science spectrum. From modeling chemical structures to making better decisions for patients, the development and enhancement of technology is an undercurrent running throughout the CTSA Program. With this comes opportunities for new software, new areas of focus, updated regulations, and refining integration. Additionally, the challenges of data validity, generalizability of algorithms, reproducibility and regulation continue to need to be addressed.
- Amar Das, MD, PhD, IBM | Ensuring Good Clinical Practice in Medical AI Research
- M. Ehsan Hoque, PhD, University of Rochester | Natural Language Processing in the Clinical Setting
- Erich Huang, MD, PhD, Duke University School of Medicine | Sharing Data Science Workflows...& Spiderman
- Gang Luo, PhD, University of Washington | Automatically Explaining Machine Learning Prediction Results: A Demonstration on Type 2 Diabetes Risk Prediction
- Parsa Mirhaji, MD, PhD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine | Trustworthy AI
- Ram Samudrala, PhD, State University of NY at Buffalo | Computational Analysis of Novel Drug Opportunities
- Shyam Visweswaran, MD, PhD, University of Pittsburgh | A Learning Electronic Medical Record System to Highlight Relevant Patient Information
- Chunhua Weng, PhD, FACMI, Columbia University | Leveraging Big Clinical Data to Support Precision Medicine
Summary of the Un-Meeting
Registration is now closed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the event or the available travel stipends!