Clinical Operations Director, Center for Clinical & Translational Science
CCTS Clinical Operations Director
The Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS) at the University of Kentucky is looking to recruit for a leadership position, the Director of Clinical Operations, within our organization. The CCTS supports campus research professionals to ensure they are able to meet their research goals and ultimately improve the health of our communities and populations. Our vision is to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment that guides and transforms our approaches to healthcare, education, research and community partnerships. Since its inception in 2006, the CCTS has invested millions of dollars into research funding and trainee support at the University of Kentucky through its commitment to funding innovative, early stage translational research.
The CCTS’s vision is to catalyze clinical and translational discoveries through an integrated and transformative research environment targeting improved health, with emphasis on Central Appalachia. In support of that vision, the CCTS is searching for a Director of Clinical Operations to lead the inpatient and outpatient units of the Clinical Research Unit (CRU) within the CCTS. The Director of Clinical Operations will advance the CRU’s infrastructure and capacity to conduct national, multi-site clinical trials and clinical research, collaborating with partners and stakeholders across the institution. This will include evaluating the viability of CCTS requests and operational oversight of observational and interventional clinical research studies within the Center. The Director of Clinical Operations will be a steward of high quality and ethical clinical research which enhances the scientific reputation of the University both nationally and internationally.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Provides oversight and institution-level coordination of clinical research activities, ensuring compliance with established federal, state, local and institutional guidelines.
• Communicates with institutional stakeholders, investigators, research staff and study sponsors to facilitate research activities.
• Develops a business model and staffing structure to support high-quality clinical research, with a defined fee structure to partially offset costs.
• Evaluates and delivers new services and operational capabilities to reflect investigator interests, institutional goals, sponsor needs and the evolving scientific landscape.
• Assists with professional education programs to train and mentor study coordinators and investigators on how to conduct ethical and effective clinical research studies.
To apply for this position, submit a UK Online Application at www.uky.edu/ukjobs and reference job number: RE28697
Quick Link: https://ukjobs.uky.edu/postings/340475
Deadline to Apply: August 8, 2021
The University of Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity University that values diversity and inclusion. Individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, women, and members of other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply