- February 05, 2021
In a new study, the Evaluation and Continuous Improvement (ECI) team of the Georgia CTSA evaluated publications characterized as Big Splashes with immediate impact and publications with Ripple Effects over time, to understand how Georgia CTSA-supported research is ‘making waves’ that can accelerate translation. Previous systematic evaluations of the Georgia CTSA’s publication portfolio revealed a
- Journal of Clinical and Translational Science
Introduction: The Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) Consortium, about 60 National Institutes of Health (NIH)-supported CTSA hubs at academic health care institutions nationwide, is charged with improving the clinical and translational research enterprise.
- November 06, 2020In May, the National Center for Accelerating Clinical Translational Science (NCATS) granted a $2.7 Million award to Rockefeller University to develop new infrastructure facilitating collection of research participant feedback for widespread adoption: “Empowering the Participant Voice: Collaborative Infrastructure and Validated Tools for Collecting Participant Feedback to Improve the Clinical
To elicit participant feedback on the 2019 Lifespan Integration DTF Face-to-Face Meeting
To elicit participant feedback on the 2019 CTSA Informatics Community Face-to-Face Meeting.
- Oregon Health and Science University
This video provides a brief overview of sampling constructs in qualitative research.
To elicit participant feedback on the 2019 Spring Collaboration and Engagement Meeting
To elicit participant feedback on the 2019 Spring Career Professional Development for CTSA Workforce Meeting
To elicit participant feedback on the 2019 Spring Methods and Processes Meeting
To elicit participant feedback on the 2019 Spring CTSA Program Hub Communicators Meeting
To elicit participant feedback on the 2019 Spring Common Metrics Meeting
To elicit participant feedback on the 2019 Fall CTSA Program Meeting, including the Poster Session & Networking Meeting, the Administrator’s Meeting, and the full Program Meeting.
- Clinical and Translational Science
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Roadmap for Medical Research initiative, funded by the NIH Common Fund and offered through the Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) program, developed more than 60 unique models for achieving the NIH goal of accelerating discoveries toward better public health.
- Journal of Clinical and Translational Science
The purpose of the article is to describe the progress of the Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) Program to address the evaluation-related recommendations made by the 2013 Institute of Medicine's review of the CTSA Program and guidelines published in CTS Journal the same year (Trochim et al., Clinical and Translational Science 2013; 6(4): 303-309).
- Journal of empirical research on human research ethics : JERHRE
We evaluated how regulatory support services provided by University of Illinois at Chicago's Center for Clinical and Translational Science may reduce Institutional Review Board (IRB) turnaround times. IRB applications were categorized by receipt of any regulatory support and amount of support received.
- Evaluation & the Health Professions
The Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) program was designed by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to develop processes and infrastructure for clinical and translational research throughout the United States. The CTSA initiative now funds 61 institutions.
- September 24, 2019The Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI) Community Research Hub is working to improve the health and wellness of all Oregonians. They engage researchers, community members and local organizations to include a community voice in research. The OCTRI Community Research Hub partnered with Tillamook County to evaluate and develop next steps for the Tillamook Year of Wellness
- September 09, 2019As a key currency of the scientific community, publications are often used as a measurement of success for researchers and research institutions. Published research allows an expansive community of scientists, healthcare professionals, government workers and more to make data-driven decisions that will improve population and patient health outcomes. The Clinical and Translational Science Award
- August 27, 2019For many Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) Program hubs, delays in Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval can feel like a translational roadblock on scientists’ path to implementing research that may ultimately improve public health outcomes. However, as an essential part of ensuring the welfare of human research subjects, the IRB is crucial to maintaining the highest ethical
- August 06, 2019
Evaluators have strongly felt that more strategic approach to CTSA Evaluation is needed. The authors recognize the need to have a guiding document that can be used for the entire consortium. In late 2017 a group of evaluators formed the Clinical and Translational Sciences Awards (CTSA) Evaluation Guidelines Workgroup, co-chaired by Tanha Patel (Wake Forest) and Julie Rainwater, PhD (University of