University of Iowa Clinical/Health Care Research Associate
The University of Iowa Institute for Clinical and Translational Science (ICTS) Research Coordinator Core is seeking a Clinical/Health Care Research Associate to be an integral member of the research team. This position will provide support for the ICTS by performing activities which are vitally important to ICTS mission, as well as to grow and foster innovation through research support endeavors. The Clinical / Health Care Research Associate will design, plan, promote, and control clinical research trials and coordinate the processing and analysis of trials data as well as assist with the development and maintenance of regulatory, data and budget documents.
Duties to include but not limited to:
• Screen patient for study eligibility and consent for clinical trials.
• Educate patient on scope of study, potential risks and benefits, possible alternatives, and study requirements.
• Communicate with principle investigator to verify patient eligibility.
• Assist in the design, development, execution, administration, and maintenance of protocols and clinical studies.
• Provide input into descriptions of complex research procedures.
• Assist patients with problems related to protocol.
• Screen, recruit, enroll, and obtain informed consent for clinical research activities.
• Oversee recruitment of subjects and scheduling of trial-related procedures.
• Participate in the collection, and entry of data into clinical research trial data systems.
• Participate in the design, development and testing of clinical research trial data systems.
• Manage and organize regulatory documents.
• Prepare regulatory submissions.
• Perform on-site audits of research and clinical data.
ICTS Description: The Institute for Clinical and Translational Science (ICTS) at the University of Iowa was approved by the Iowa Board of Regents in 2007 to support the work of investigators involved in clinical and translational science. Our mission is to accelerate translational science through programs to develop the translational workforce, to promote engagement of community members and other stakeholders, to promote research integration across the lifespan, and to catalyze innovative clinical and translational research. These efforts will lead to the development of novel therapies and healthcare delivery strategies, the integration of translational research and clinical practice, and, ultimately to measurable improvements in the health of Iowa and the nation.
• Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
• Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Minimum of 2 years clinical nursing experience or 1 year of clinical research experience is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with patients/families, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions are required.
• Working knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights, evenings, and weekends as needed by the research protocol is required.
• A current license to practice nursing in the state of Iowa by the time of hire is required.
• General computer skills are required.
• Strong Clinical Practice skills with work in a clinical practice area within the past year.
• Certification in ACLS, NRP or PALS.
• Experience in processing research regulatory documents and budget preparation is desirable.
• Experience developing education and orientation materials is desired.
• The ability to adapt to frequently changing duties and work environment is desired.
• The ability to work independently is desired.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work is desired.
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload a cover letter and resume (under submission relevant materials) at jobs.uiowa.edu that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on March 9, 2021. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. Please note regarding references: Five professional references will be requested and required at a later step in the recruitment process. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.