This individual will provide essentialized resource for all faculty navigating the administrative requirements of clinical research and will oversee the Office of Clinical Trials. This individual will work will all parties to develop a centralized infrastructure to create a shared services infrastructure for research under Einstein.
Successful candidate will report to the Dean’s Office and work directly with:
- Leadership advisory bodies
- Management peers in the areas of HRPP, Finance, Research Industry partnerships, Pre-award, Research Compliance, Conflict of Interest, Hospital Billing, etc.
- Faculty and Senior Administrative Staff
- Oversee goals and activities related to supporting and increasing clinical research activity across the Montefiore Health System and College of Medicine;
- Development of centralized resource to advise faculty investigators from application through post-award process – including institutional systems and regulatory requirements;
- Serve as a primary contact and liaison for leadership regarding operational issues;
- Identify ways to expand capabilities and improve service to faculty investigators with regard to funding opportunities, interoffice interactions, and organizational integration across the entire health system;
- Identify opportunities for implementing institutional process improvements and overcome impediments for achievement;
- Define resources necessary to accomplish institutional goals;
- Oversee the activities and staff of the Office of Clinical Trials.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters’ degree preferred – in the area of Business Management or Health Administration – or related program
- 8-10 years of experience in clinical research management
- Strategic Planning, Organizational Oversight and Project Management
- Analytic and Negotiating Skills
- Research Administration, including grants, industry partnerships
- Faculty/Staff interaction
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Teamwork skills
- Effective Change Management skills
- Background in Clinical Research Organizations, a plus.