CD2H Evaluator (Research Associate)
The CTSA Program National Center for Data to Health (CD2H) seeks an Evaluator to design and implement the evaluation and continuous improvement of CD2H. Working collaboratively with all 9 CD2H funded sites (including researchers, IT teams, data professionals, etc.), this position will perform program evaluation for the CD2H Program.
The CD2H was established through a 5-year award from NCATS and will coalesce and coordinate informatics activities across the Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) Program, a network of more than 50 medical research institutions, to provide collaborative clinical and translational research infrastructure. The CD2H supports a vibrant and evolving collaborative informatics ecosystem for the CTSA Program and beyond. The CD2H harnesses and expands an ecosystem for translational scientists to discover and share their software, data, and other research resources within the CTSA Program network. The CD2H also creates a social coding environment for translational science institutions, leveraging the community-driven DREAM challenges as a mechanism to stimulate innovation. Collaborative innovation also serves as a strong foundation to support mechanisms to facilitate training, engagement, scholarly dissemination, and impact in translational science. The goals of CD2H are to stimulate collaboration and translation of the use of data and software into practice in clinical and translational research and in clinical care settings. Further, CD2H will provide key infrastructure that will assist in software developers and data providers to co-develop and share their endeavors, such that the quality of such resources can be benchmarked and collectively improved.
Function/Duties of Position
This position will be responsible for the design of the National Center for Data to Health (CD2H) evaluation plan, as well as the design of data collection tools, dashboards, and reporting workflows for CD2H leadership, stakeholders, and the National Center for Advancing Translational Science (NCATS; the funding body). The Evaluator will gather metrics and standardized definitions, delivering results in specific time frames for CD2H and NCATS review and decision making. This position will support the Administrative core tracking progress of four CD2H community Groups (Informatics Maturity and Best Practices, Next Generation Data Sharing, Resource Discovery, and Tools and Cloud Architecture) as well as program initiatives such as the DREAM Challenges - community informatics competitions such as The Digital Mammography Challenge that aimed to improve accuracy of breast cancer detection and reduce the current rate of patient callbacks. They types of data that may be collected are anticipated to be varied, but are likely to include participant metrics (number of participants, number of institutions, number of interactions, etc.), quality and magnitude of community interest (voting strategies, number of events, the amount of contribution, etc.), social metrics (tweets, blogs, citations), process metrics (number of on time deliverables, thoroughness of documentation), and grant reporting numbers (percent money spent as anticipated, FTEs allocated, etc.).
- Proven analytical skills at a college graduate level.
- Proven software competencies (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Professional experience in an academic health sciences institution, health care/biomedical environment, open source software development organization, or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both in person and virtually using a variety of media and technologies.
- Work schedule typically Monday-Friday with some weekend and evening work.
- Primary work location is a shared office on Marquam Hill campus; some local and regional travel to off-campus event locations and partner institutions required.
- Position also requires movement between all units at OHSU; must be able to travel on OHSU campus via tram when needed.
- Heavy use of computers.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Experience working on geographically distributed teams.
- Experience in clinical research, hospital administration, public health administration or academic administration.
- Evidence of professional initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to think and act strategically, and has demonstrated success at bringing concepts¿to realization while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively, independently, and collaboratively.
- Strong plus: Proficiency with storage, retrieval, collaborative editing, and version control of documents especially via Google Drive (especially docs, sheets, slides, forms).
- Plus: Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Master’s degree with major courses in business, engineering, health or research administration, or other relevant field, and 3 years of relevant experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree with major courses in business, engineering, health or research administration, or other relevant field (or RN or allied health professional) and 5 years of relevant experience.
- 2 years of relevant process improvement, quality assurance, or evaluation experience.
Apply here online. Please be sure to upload a both a cover letter and a resume or CV.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.