The Institute for Integration of Medicine & Science (IIMS) / Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) in San Antonio, Texas is current seeking to hire a CTSA Administrator. The Administrator is responsible for the administrative and financial activities of IIMS under the authority of the Institute’s Director and the Vice Dean for Finance. These activities include but are not limited to: setting the Institute’s goals and objectives in collaboration with the Director; managing the CTSA federal research grant that supports IIMS programs, as well as key institutional relationships and external affiliations; developing and managing budgets; overseeing short and long-term operations such as space, information technology, inventory, human resource functions, and research activities.
Job duties include, but are not limited to -
-Provides direction and oversight of the Institute’s operations, in conjunction with the Institute’s Director, related to areas of administrative, financial, operational, and strategic management. Develops, communicates, and manages productivity standards, goals, and expectations for staff in conjunction with the Institute Director.
-Manages and maintains all-funds budgeting for the Institute, including financial planning efforts across the various core functions. Coordinates the compilation of reports and prepares operational and financial analyses setting forth progress, trends, and appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
-Oversees all management aspects of the outside grants (federal, state, private) that support IIMS programs, including pre-award and post-award activities, in conjunction with appropriate institutional components.
- Maintains liaison with all levels of administration, faculty and outside organizations to coordinate the Institute’s business, accomplish directives, negotiate contracts and facilitate the resolution of problems. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, to include the ability to build collegial relationships to support the mission of the center both internally and externally. Oversees the recruitment of new staff, to include initiation of IIMS orientation. Manages employee development and retention by effectively leading, motivating, and mentoring the Institute’s staff.
-Will be an active participant in developing and supporting the strategic objectives of the CTSA, including service on various committees; service as a representative for IIMS/CTSA; partnership with the senior leadership team on activities as it relates to strategic development, personnel, finances, multi-disciplinary research teams; other projects to be determined.
Master’s degree in Healthcare or Business Administration, Finance or directly related field with five (5) years of related business experience, to include five (5) years of supervisory experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Application materials consist of an online application at https://www.uthscsajobs.com/postings/13901 to include a letter describing qualifications and interests, a resume and cover letter.
UT Health San Antonio is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including protected veterans and persons with disabilities.
All positions are security sensitive and will require criminal background checks.
* How did you hear about this career opportunity?
- Website - UT Health Science Center
- Social media (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Texas Workforce Commission
- UT Health Science Center employee referral
- Advertisement/External Publication