The Director of Continuous Quality Improvement and Program Evaluation for the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science (MCCMS) provides strategic and operational direction to implement a comprehensive, integrated and sustainable quality improvement and evaluation system across the College. This system should provide each school within MCCMS with ready access to the synthesis of key data for strategic planning, ongoing program management and quality improvement, and demonstration of the value and impact of education to the institution. In collaboration with MCCMS leadership the Director is responsible for delivering data for determining measures and metrics that relate to MCCMS strategic plan.
The Director is responsible for ensuring that a program of continuous quality improvement and program evaluation is effectively implemented across all schools of the MCCMS. The Director works with the leadership of each school to build their capacity for conducting quality improvement and program evaluation activities, guides the development, integration and maintenance of systems and processes to support these activities, and helps coordinate the efforts of staff within each school responsible for these activities. The Director will work closely with the Executive Dean for Education and other leadership in the MCCMS to provide the information necessary to evaluate the effectiveness and value of each School, as well as the overall effectiveness of the College. The Director is responsible for monitoring relevant accreditation standards and ensuring compliance with relevant standards for accreditation, as defined by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME), Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The Director is chair of the MCCMS Continuous Quality Improvement and Program Evaluation (CQI-PE) Steering Committee. The Director is a member of Continuous Accreditation, Licensure and Compliance (CALC) Committee, Mayo Clinic Education Committee (MCEC), Education Data Governance Group, and the Education Technology Subcommittee. The Director provides strategic and operational direction regarding user requirements to MCCMS data management and other information technology resources regarding program evaluation and quality improvement.
The Director reports to the Medical Director of the Office of Applied Scholarship and Education Science (OASES), who reports to the Executive Dean for Education. The MCCMS CQI and Program Evaluation Steering Committee will be comprised of the CQI & Program Evaluation Manager and Dean/Associate Dean of each school, the ETC Director and CALC Director. The Director works collaboratively with the leadership of the MCCMS, each of the five schools as well as academic support units and information technology leadership.
- Successful track record as a leader, manager, and strategist in a complex organizational environment, including experience managing multiple projects and simultaneous priorities and implementing change initiatives
- Exceptionally strong conceptual, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with complex issues with keen academic and administrative judgment and a high degree of discretion and diplomacy
- Ability to create a positive, respectful, collaborative and team-focused environment
- Adept at working well with all members of the academic community, including staff, faculty, students and senior-level administrators and leaders
- PhD in evaluation studies or other relevant field
- Strong program evaluation and process improvement experience, preferably in medical education or higher education administration
- Experience with systems-based, data-driven quality improvement processes preferred