The University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) in Jackson, Mississippi is seeking candidates for a Dir-Operations to support its missions of academics, healthcare, and research. Please see the position description and requirements below.
The Dir-Operations directs and administers operations in assigned areas including budgetary tracking, analysis and planning, human and physical resource allocation. The Director plans, directs, supervises, and coordinate the work activities of subordinates.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique and coordination of people and resources
- Problem resolution skills
- Ability to prioritize projects
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies, policies, and procedures
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret budgetary data and prepare related reports
- Ability to train, supervise, and motivate employees
Applicants must have a bachelor's degree with six (6) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
To apply, please visit our career website: careers.umc.edu
or click here: https://careers.umc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=10359