The Grant Navigator supports all clinicians at Scripps Health through the grant process from beginning to end. The Grant Navigator develops and coordinates grant-funded programs in collaboration with scientists, physicians and researchers. Reviews literature dealing with grant funds available through governmental agencies and private foundations to determine feasibility of developing programs. Compiles and monitors paperwork connected with funding opportunities and programs.
Scripps Health is repeatedly named on the Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for, only San Diego-based company and Becker’s Healthcare Top Hospitals. Scripps Health offers a robust Total Rewards Program designed to compensate and motivate you throughout your career. Scripps Health Total Rewards Program includes a broad range of plans and programs including market competitive pay and performance incentives, health and wellness benefits, financial wellness benefits, work-life resources, learning and development opportunities, and rewards and recognition. Unlock your potential with Scripps Health today.
- Comfortable working under strict timelines, rapid pace, and environment of constant change.
- Excellent overall written and proof reading in English skills, with experience in a scientific environment preferred.
- Ability to understand strategic goals and match day to day functions to achieve these goals.
- Confident and professional demeanor and the ability to represent organization to external clientele and business partners.
- Ability to develop good interpersonal relationships with clinical/medical professionals.
- Masters in Health or Life Sciences.
- Training with direct applicability to biomedical and health research.
- Three (3) years experience with coordinating NIH grant submissions and post award management in a medical and research institution environment focused on clinical scientific research with medical device, behavioral and/or pharmaceutical interventions.
- Experience with identifying and follow-through of research and foundation funding opportunities aligned with the strategic goals.
- Experience with federal, state, philanthropic, and biotech industry grant formats and requirements.
- Demonstrated organizational skills by work history and proven grant submission track record for multi-PI grant planning, deadline/timeline development, and complete submission package management.
- Experience in developing and reviewing single site and intramural/extramural consortia budgets.
- Demonstrated knowledge by work history of site selection, data management, subject recruitment, and all research regulatory documents.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.