The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry is seeking a REDCap Application Specialist to provide technical support to end-users for REDCap, the School of Medicine and Dentistry’s research data management platform. This position will specialize in supporting a broad range of research and clinical investigation studies in their use of the electronic data capture (EDC or eCRF) system to collect and store questionnaire and survey responses.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for aspects of the REDCap service including: developing in-depth understanding of the available features and modules; identifying the optimal application settings given the investigator’s requirements for their study; and train/educate these personnel in the use and functions of the application. Additionally, you will perform outreach and present internal education sessions to the research community.
You will work closely with research faculty and staff, study team designers, programmers, and external vendors and collaborators.
- Serve as the first tier of contact for the research community, research collaborators, and team members for all aspects of the REDCap service. Responsible for troubleshooting customer issues and proactively driving their resolution. Diagnose and resolve end-user problems; respond to escalated issues from clients and other support teams; perform triage, provide remote problem resolution when possible, refer problems to associated groups.
- Provide consultation to clients (investigators, project managers and research coordinators, study personnel, statisticians, administrators, etc.). Provide training to study teams in database use and reporting. Attend study team meetings. Manage competing demands and deadlines from principal investigators/project managers on multiple projects. Maintain awareness of current assignments, allocated effort and project deadlines.
- Develop and provide training for various audiences: technical training and workshops to investigators, study designers/managers in the development of data entry screens, consistency checks, CRFs and advanced feature sets (including scripting branching logic and exports to statistical packages)
- Act as REDCap Super user. Provide front-end support for REDCap users. Develop SOPs around REDCap use in collaboration with Senior REDCap Analyst. Interface with REDCap backend support for change management operations of REDCap. Participate in REDCap committee through national consortium and stay abreast of current trends in use case scenarios. Participate in weekly consortium call.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. 2-3 years of relevant experience
- 2+ years prior experience with REDCap, including but not limited to custom plugin and hook development, user management, data dictionary debugging, database design, MySQL server administration, custom SQL query development,
- 3+ years minimum experience in eCRF/EDC or study subject recruitment projects within a CRO, clinical or academic environment.
- PHP programming and end-user support.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide excellent client service.
- Ability to apply diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting.
- Advanced knowledge of an EDC system such as REDCap or Velos.
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of clinical research concepts (AEs, med reconciliation), standards (GCP, CDISC), and processes (SOPs, consent) preferred.
- Demonstrated documentation capabilities.
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization.
- Knowledge of relational database structures and structured query language (SQL) a plus.
To apply, please visit the following URL and search for job ID 211815: