- January 20, 2022When Rutgers University and RWJ Barnabas Health (RWJBH), New Jersey’s largest healthcare system, partnered as part of the New Jersey Alliance for Clinical and Translational Science (NJ-ACTS) to combine their clinical enterprises and jointly manage research activities, the two entities’ academic and corporate cultures were sometimes at odds with one another.
The Director for Program Evaluation of the Clinical and Translational Science Institute implements and manages multiple individual evaluation plans associated with programs that advance Translational Science through: (1) biomedical research training to faculty,scholars/fellows and staff and (2) research services, resources and tools to researchers that span the research continuum for basic
- -Pennsylvania State Univ Hershey Med CtrLe Bao, PhD, Associate Professor of Statistics, will discuss how female sex workers (FSW) are affected by individual, network, and structural risks, making them vulnerable to poor health and well-being. Because of social stigma and discrimination towards FSW, it is difficult to measure or estimate the size and location of FSW at any spatial resolution, especially a fine-scale resolution. In this
- July 29, 2022On July 13, 2022, the UC Davis CTSC Health Equity Resources and Outreach (HERO) program partnered with others across UC Davis Health to sponsor a two-hour spotlight event. The presenters focused on providing helpful tools and resources for researchers. As part of HERO’s mission, most of the resources are available to the public.
- April 29, 2022
Assefa, a recent graduate of UVA, participated in the UVA-Historically Black Colleges and Universities Summer Research Bridge to Data Science program (Bridge) as a research fellow. This program is co-sponsored by integrated Translational Health Research Institute of Virginia (iTHRIV), the UVA School of Data Science (UVA SDS), Oracle, and Deloitte. According to the UVA SDS, the UVA-HBCU Summer
- April 14, 2022In their efforts to recruit more than one million patients for a significant research study, Northwestern Memorial HealthCare (NMHC) and the Northwestern University Clinical and Translational Sciences (NUCATS) Institute realized the need to standardize medication data in their joint venture, the Northwestern Medicine Enterprise Data Warehouse (NMEDW). The path to standardization required coordination between the two organizations.
Making Real-World Data and Real-World Evidence a Reality for Translational Science Un-Meeting & Workshop-
NCATS Rapid Response Un-Meeting
Moving scientific discoveries into the “real world” effectively, efficiently, and safely are core principles of translational science. With the advent of big data analytics and data derived from multiple sources, it has become increasingly clear that utilizing data from real-world contexts opens another key layer of the translational science process.
A University of Virginia pediatric cardiologist and data scientist team up to better match hearts to patientsMarch 10, 2022
McCulloch wants his young patients to live, and many of them won’t without a new heart. He knows that almost 20% of all pediatric patients on the wait list for hearts in the United States die before they receive one. But the heart must be healthy and a good match for the patient or a transplant could make matters worse. How does he decide?
Position Summary: The Institute for Clinical and Translational Science is a special project department housed under the Office of Research on the UCI Campus. The UCI CTSA is one of 62 NIH-NCATS funded institutes in the US. The ICTS Mission is to improve health and healthcare by catalyzing translational research across the spectrum and by advancing the science of translation. The cohesive theme of
This module gives an overview of different gerontologized measures and resources.
- The toolkit comprises a set of power point slide sets (modules) intended to serve as a resource for persons delivering presentations aiming to heighten and facilitate older adult inclusion in clinical and translational research.
A module on the research implications of aging, multimorbidity, polypharmacy, and inter-current health events.
- This module identifies study design and statistical analysis strategies that can help assure that clinical investigations including older adults provide valid information and yield maximal insight.
iTHRIV co-sponsors 5th Annual Biomedical Data Science Innovation Lab: Challenges in Brain Analytics and Data IntegrationJuly 15, 2021
The Foundations of Biomedical Data Science at the University of Virginia hosted its fifth annual Biomedical Data Science Innovation Lab (BDSIL): Challenges in Brain Analytics and Data Integration on June 21-25, 2021. The BDSIL is an intensive program partially sponsored by iTHRIV and NIH Grant #R25GM139080 that has virtual and in-person components designed to foster the development of
- June 24, 2021COVID-19 has widened the life expectancy gap across racial groups and between the U.S. and peer countries. U.S. life expectancy decreased by 1.87 years between 2018 and 2020, a drop not seen since World War II, according to new research from Virginia Commonwealth University, the University of Colorado Boulder and the Urban Institute. The numbers are even worse for people of color. On average
- -Georgetown University
The Summer Intensive Workshop will be held from July 12 through July 16, 2021 online from 9 AM to 5 PM each day. This is a one-week (40-hour) introductory-level workshop with a focus on biostatistics and design of clinical trials. Registration fee: $1,000 ($600 for Residency & Fellowship Programs) This workshop may be eligible for tuition assistance benefits. Contact your benefits office for
- -Center for Data to HealthNot sure how to go about identifying which patients in the N3C Data Enclave have had COVID-19? Want to get your COVID+ patient counts to match the numbers on the Enclave homepage dashboard? The Enclave Users’ Group (EUG) has been created as a community-focused forum where members can share practical information on techniques, tips, and methods in the N3C Data Enclave. Each session will have one or
- March 11, 2021
Wake Forest demonstrates how a health care system can more quickly turn research outcomes into patient care with a new blood pressure measurement protocol that may help prevent strokes and cardiovascular events.
- Tufts University Boston
This talk was presented as part of The Odyssey of OHDSI: Using Health Care Data for Research. You will learn how data are represented by vocabularies in the OMOP CDM and how to use the ATLAS toolset to define cohorts. Presented by Christian Reich, MD, PhD, Real World Analytics Solutions, IQVIA
- Tufts University Boston
Interested in learning about novel data analysis methods and tools for addiction research? To better understand the science of addiction disorders, the research community needs continuous development of novel methods across the translational research spectrum, from personalized medicine to epidemiology.
- Duke University
Learn what it takes to make your surveys as efficient as possible. Customize survey settings, manage survey participants, and stay up-to-date on survey progress and results
- Universiity of Florida
These Precision Snippets are a seven-part step-by-step video tutorial series on how to access health data in NHANES, FL Health Charts, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), National Environmental Public Health Tracking Network (NEPHT), and Florida Water Management Inventory (FLWMI). These videos were commissioned by UF CTSI, based on the UF CTSI “Accessing Environmental Health
- Brown University
Types of variables, summary statistics, measures of center, basic graphs (boxplots, histograms, etc)
The Harvard Chan Bioinformatics Core is excited to expand our bioinformatics training program as part of a new collaboration with the Dana-Farber / Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC). We are looking for a bioinformatician to join our team in our efforts to provide education and analytical support to the Harvard community. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about teaching (as demonstrated by their teaching experience), enjoys working in a collaborative environment, and has a background in high-throughput data analysis, specifically for next-generation sequencing (NGS) data. This role provides a unique and rewarding opportunity to train and support world-class researchers making a profound impact on human health.
- Association for Clinical and Translational ScienceUniversity of Minnesota Twin CitiesOtherThe Biostats4you website was developed to serve medical and public health researchers and professionals who wish to learn more about biostatistics. The site contains carefully selected and vetted training materials especially suited for a non-statistician audience. This site is being developed and maintained by members of the Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design Special Interest Group
- -Center for Data to Health
For Rapid Learning in #COVID-19 Treatment Comparisons In this one-hour webinar, Frank Harrell Jr, PhD, Professor of Biostatistics, Vanderbilt University and ACTS BERD SIG member, will explain the Bayesian fully sequential design and analysis plan for the 7-level COVID ordinal outcome scale for rapid learning and decision making.
- -Center for Data to Health
The csv,conf brings diverse groups together to discuss data topics, and features stories about data sharing and data analysis from science, journalism, government, and open source. Join the free csv,conf,v5 annual community conference online. Hear interesting ideas for imagining new humanistic and #computational data-related courses from Emily Jacobi and Sisi Wei.
- Harvard Medical School
Essentials of Biostatistics is an online resource of videos that cover fundamental concepts of medical biostatistics. Over 20 different topics are covered in short videos that can be watched and re-watched over the time of your subscription. This resource serves as a good primer to more advanced topics in biostatistics. Sample of topics covered: - Common Probability Distributions - Estimation and
- Harvard Medical School9-week hybrid (in-person/online) course on the design & implementation of clinical trials. Clinical Trial Design (CTD) is an opportunity for new clinical investigators, who have an idea for development of a clinical trial, to participate in an intensive nine-week course. Participants will learn the fundamentals of clinical trial design, including instructions on how to design a protocol
- -University Of North Carolina Chapel HillQualitative research approaches help bring community and patient voices to light, and are commonly used in community-engaged research. Join the North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences (NC TraCS) Institute Community and Stakeholder Engagement (CaSE) Program for this session led by Qualitative Research Specialist, MaryBeth Grewe. She will provide an introduction to qualitative research