- May 27, 2022“We evaluated the postoperative sepsis rankings of Georgia hospitals within a collaborative setting because identifying different quality metrics between hospitals is useful to have best practice dissemination between high and low performers,” says Dr. Jesse Codner. “As a collaborative, we are working together to optimize our sepsis care pathways throughout the state so that a patient would get
- October 25, 2021Ulfat Shaikh, medical director of health care quality and professor of pediatrics at UC Davis Health, has been elected chairperson of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Council on Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (COQIPS). In this role, Shaikh supports the mission and vision of the council by ensuring that current priorities are moving forward, representing COQIPS in leadership
- CLICThe webcast identifies key partners and their importance in improving the Informatics metric.
- CLICThis webcast examines common data quality issues and provides suggestions for correcting them.
- June 23, 2021
A 24-month pilot study championed and supported by the Southern California Clinical and Translational Science Institute (SC CTSI) has demonstrated that a novel multidisciplinary team-based system to treat diabetic foot ulcers can save countless patients from the trauma of amputation, and as a result live longer, healthier lives. "We can say pretty unequivocally that we achieved a clinically and
- To accelerate translation, researchers need access to a broad range of data from a variety of sources (electronic health records, imaging, genetics, behavioral, etc.). These sources manage and store data differently, which creates the need for standardization. The Informatics Common Metric, which is in its second year, addresses the need to harmonize data across the CTSA Program. This will enhance
- -Indiana University
Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute and Regenstrief Institute are offering three continuing education classes starting June 15th. Each class is intended to offer practical, ready-to-use value where health IT and research overlap. Classes Offered: Please read the FAQ and the syllabus on the registration form below for details on class structure and content. Public Health IT
- April 20, 2020
Introduction: Informed consent for research biospecimen donations is traditionally obtained through a face-to-face interaction with research staff and by signing an Institutional Review Board (IRB)-approved printed form. Electronic signatures (eSign) are routinely used in the electronic medical record (EMR) for the consenting of clinical services after patients review printed documentation. Our
- February 10, 2020
Dr. Shaikh is Professor of Pediatrics at the University of California Davis School of Medicine and Clinical Quality Officer at the UC Davis Health Practice Management Group. She has authored more than 70 peer-reviewed and invited publications, largely focused on improving health care delivery. “Dr. Shaikh has led efforts to improve the quality of care for children through local, state, national