Penn State Clinical and Translational Science Institute announces its Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design (BERD) Recent Topics in Research Methods Seminar Series schedule for the fall semester. The Recent Topics in Research Methods Seminar Series features lectures on fundamental research methods in the fall semester with more advanced topics in the spring semester. Statisticians and methodologists from multiple Penn State departments present these seminars.
Seminars are held from 4 to 5 p.m. at C1742K at Penn State College of Medicine and videoconferenced to 116 Henderson at University Park. An online option is also available via Zoom. Streaming information is sent upon registration.
The fall schedule is:
- Bias, confounding, moderation and mediation by Duanping Liao on Sept. 11
- Matching and stratification with propensity scores for cohort studies by Vernon Chinchilli on Sept. 25
- Systematic review and meta-analysis by Vernon Chinchilli on Oct. 9
- Randomization and sample size calculation by Allen Kunselman on Oct. 23
- Design and analysis of a biomarker study by Lan Kong on Nov. 13
- Research databases and Penn State eReg Binder by Paula Valencia-Moulton, and Aimee Merchlinski on Nov. 27
- Introduction to Microbiome analysis byXiang Zhan on Dec. 11