The Center for Minimally Invasive Therapeutics (C-MIT) is delighted to host the 6th annual workshop on “Micro- and Nanotechnologies for Medicine: Emerging Frontiers and Applications” this coming summer. The advances in micro- and nanotechnologies are expected to open up new possibilities and applications in diagnostics, therapy, drug delivery and regenerative medicine. In this workshop, participants will acquire the fundamentals and advances in the fields of three dimensional bioprinting, bioMEMS, biomaterials and tissue engineering. Leading experts will present the latest advances in the development of novel micro- and nanotechnologies and address a range of different challenges that are of importance to biomedicine at the interface of engineering, medicine and biological sciences.
The areas covered during the workshop:
2. Biomaterials and drug delivery
3. Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
4. Biofabrication and 3D bioprinting
5. BioMEMS, biosensing, and ubiquitous labs
6. Wearable and implantable devices
8. Nanotechnology and Synthetic Biology
9. Professional development/translation to products
To support the next generation of translational scientists, there is a poster competition for postdocs, graduate students and undergraduate students with cash awards.