Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) Research Community Forum
Pioneers for Discovery: Reinventing the Research Enterprise
A Two Day Interactive Forum presented by the University of Kansas Medical Center in collaboration with the Office for Human Research Protections
April 17-18, 2019
Overland Park Convention Center
6000 College Blvd
Overland Park, KS 66211
Day One offers an interactive workshop where participants will have the opportunity to engage with OHRP staff on the interpretation and application of the Common Rule on human subjects' protections in a changing regulatory environment.
Day Two features outstanding opportunities to strengthen research skills and approaches. Representatives from the Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science, the Clinical Trials Transformation Initiative, OHRP, FDA and national and regional experts will share their perspectives on implementation of new technologies, emerging issues in the use of identifiable information and biospecimens, and innovations in patient engagement in biomedical research, including effectively communicating research to stakeholders.
Investigators, research coordinators, institutional review board (IRB) members, IRB administrators, contract research organizations, government regulators, community and public health organizations and other members of the research community are encouraged to attend.
- Attendees may register for day one only, day two only, or both days.
- A discount is offered for the two-day registration option.
- Meals listed in the schedule are included with registration.
- When registering for day two only or both days, you will be asked to specify which of the three breakout sessions on the afternoon of day two (April 18) you will attend. Information on the three breakout sessions is available on the schedule.
- Day One (April 17) only: $120
- Day Two (April 18) only: $200
- Both Days (April 17-18): $300
Please contact Hannah Franzen with any questions.