Application Support and Training Specialist
As a member of the Evaluation and Tracking Team for the UW Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR), the Application Support and Training Specialist will collaborate in the design, development, implementation, and support of the build out of a Flight Tracker external module of the REDCap system in partnership with diverse colleagues across training programs. This position will collaborate across a variety of teams and play a key role in bringing to life research and findings to show the impact of ICTR training on the health of all in Wisconsin and beyond.
Recommends, designs, troubleshoots, and maintains applications to support the business operations of the institution
10% Troubleshoots hardware, software, and system problems
5% Coordinates system-wide updates and installs upgrades and patches
20% Recommends application enhancements or changes that may involve custom design, optional, and third party products
5% Creates and updates access permissions and maintains user accounts to maintain application security through user profile management
10% Monitors and maintains performance metrics for application features and recommends and takes corrective/preventive actions
30% Participates in the design, development, and implementation of test and production objects. Defines user requirements and performs configuration, change management, and testing activities
15% Skillful application of PHP, and other programming languages as relevant, toward maintenance, implementation, and management of Flight Tracker, and REDCap or other software applications as required
5% Collaborate and communicate effectively with individuals across diverse teams to support user needs, including training materials and documentation, and work toward improving the health of all in Wisconsin
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
Degree in communications, healthcare, informatics, computer science, or related field is desirable.
-Minimum one-year experience as a PHP Developer, including designing, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting web applications.
-Experience working in an educational, health care, financial, or research environment
-Experience with REDCap
-Experience with SQL or Maria DB
- This position may require some work to be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location. Some work may be performed remotely, at an offsite, non-campus work location.
- Terminal, 12 month appointment. This position has the possibility to be extended or converted to an ongoing appointment based on need and/or funding
- Salary: Minimum $45,100 ANNUAL (12 months) Depending on Qualifications
- The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment. University sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This is a fixed term terminal one-year appointment. This position has the possibility to be extended or converted to an ongoing appointment based on need and/or funding.
- Position to be hired at 50% FTE. There is a possibility for the FTE to increase up to 100% time in the future.
Please click "Apply Now" to start the application process. You will be required to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration. Your cover letter should highlight your experience and skills as they relate to the listed qualifications for maximum consideration. This application will also require submission of three professional references, including your current or most recent supervisor. References will not be contacted without advance notice.
Questions may be directed to: Kim Mcfarlane firstname.lastname@example.org 608-263-1130
The deadline to apply is March 8, 2022 at 11:55pm CST