Evaluation Manager Department:
Institute for Clinical and Translational Science Administration Professional & Scientific University
Pay Grade: Level 4A Salary: $41,214-$83,599
100% time Monday - Friday from 8:00a-5:00p
The program evaluation manager for the Institute for Clinical and Translational Science (ICTS) will be an integral member of the team who will contribute to the success of the organization through planning, coordinating and implementing strategies for evaluation of the quality and outcomes of programs and services administered by the ICTS as well as strategies for assessing the progress of ICTS programs in meeting key milestones.
Key Areas of Responsibilities and Specific Job Tasks:
• Conduct literature searches to identify program evaluation best practices and network with evaluation directors and personnel at other CTSA institutions to share best practices in evaluation. Assist evaluation team.
• Actively participate in the activities of the Program Evaluator’s Group of the CTSA national consortium.
• Develop strategies for collecting, storing and managing evaluation data and for ensuring the validity, reliability, and completeness of data.
• Plan, implement and monitor the process for assessing the quality and progress of ICTS programs.
• Develop evaluation protocols and instruments for individual ICTS programs and services in collaboration with the ICTS Director and Associate Director and with the directors of individual ICTS programs and services.
• Collect, analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data.
• Assess the quality of evaluation data and develop strategies to improve the completeness, validity, and reliability of evaluation data.
• Conduct analyses of evaluation data using simple descriptive statistics.
• Prepare reports in a variety of formats (including text, tables, graphs, and charts summarizing evaluation methods and findings.
• Work with faculty to develop mixed methods designs to evaluate ICTS programs and services.
• Design and implement strategies for collecting evaluation data.
• Collect evaluation data and/or supervise data collection.
• Ensure that all assessments and evaluation processes are aligned with ICTS goals and mission.
• Provide ongoing review of evaluation processes to identify items needing update and to determine areas that can be streamlined.
• Gather and determine software needs for evaluation.
• Develop databases to house evaluation data using Microsoft Access, RedCap, or other data management software. Please attach a cover letter and a resume as part of the application process.
Please note regarding references: Five professional references will be requested and required at a later step in the recruitment process.
Contact Name: DeAnna O'Quinn at email@example.com
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. For additional information contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, (319)335-0705.
A Master’s degree in an appropriate educational, social science or health-related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• A minimum of one-year program evaluation experience.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Extensive proficiency in written and verbal communication skills and customer service skills.
• Requires demonstrated organizational skills, problem solving skills and ability to handle simultaneous projects.
• Experience using statistical software packages such as SPSS, SAS, R or STATA.
• Experience in developing, implementing, and generating data analysis and other program evaluation reports.
• Training in quantitative and qualitative methods, technical writing, and report presentation.
• A Master’s degree in an appropriate educational, social science or health-related discipline.
• Knowledge and familiarity with current data-gathering techniques and technology.
• Previous experience presenting results of evaluation or research projects.
Create a profile and submit a resume and cover letter at https://uiowa.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/evaluation-manager-icts-administration-179.